Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Huck Finn in May and he lives in a little over a 2 gallon filtered tank. The temp is kept right in the normal range for bettas the past couple of days he hasnt been greeting me up top at the tank like he usually does, but he looked normal until tonight when i went to feed him. it looks like he has split or something is coming out of him. i know what stringy red poop looks like, but i dont know what is going on. its a little white stringy looking stuff and red clumps. i dont know if its his insides or what. anyone have any ideas or help. i really do love this little fish. really sad.:cry:

it was hard to get a good picture. my tank is round so it distorts.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not experienced with these things so I won't even try to say "it's X" or recommend a treatment plan, but I would recommend cupping him or putting him in a much smaller container so you can get a closer look at him. If you are still having trouble really seeing what is going on, use a magnifying glass (it works great for spotting problems on house plants, I would imagine it might be useful for fish inspection too). From the pictures I cannot tell if something really is coming out of him or if it is rather something attached to him. Does he live totally alone or are there other things in the tank and is there any chance he came into contact with another betta or fish that could have injured him?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is the only fish i have so he hasn't come in contact with anything new. his plants are both silk plants that have been in his tank since the beginning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please give me some input

Huck is still alive, but his color is lacking and he has mostly been at the bottom of the tank. i dont know what is hanging underneath him or whats happening. please help

·
Registered
275 Posts
It could just be a really big poo?

Anyone with experience out there, please help with this.

Maybe you could try some epsom salt to see if that gives him any relief.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Perhaps it's a prolapsed colon - hard to see really from the pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts