Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my betta for about 16 months now and for while she hasnt been eating the food I give her and I have just noticed a lot of change in her colour.

The first photo is from the day I got her and the second is from today.

What should I do? Does she have an infection?

In the second picture you can also kind of see a lump under her chest, this wasn't there before and is it bad?

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size is your tank? 1 Gallon
What temperature is your tank? Room tempreture
Does your tank have a filter? No
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? None

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta Bio-Gold pellets
How often do you feed your betta fish? Two or three times a week. Has been decreasing as it doesn't eat the food much anymore so it goes mouldy at the bottom.

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Twice a month
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 3/4
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Prime water conditioner

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters? No

Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Loss of colour, unusual bump on chest
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Doesn't eat or swim much
When did you start noticing the symptoms? 6 months ago, have increased
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? No
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No
How old is your fish (approximately)? Bought 16 months ago

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thank you this is the first time I have owned a betta and I am quite unsure of what I should be doing. So change the water three times a week and he should start to get better? And some tips on how to acclimate would be great!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok thank you he is currently acclimating and I will follow up with the epsom salt treatment starting today. I have never used aquarium salts so is the cause of this just the bad water? I feel terrible now!

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ok thank you all. Is there anything else I can do to save him and if not how much longer do you think he has?

Also the first four ingredients are: Fish meal, wheat flour, soy bean meal and rice bran.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just to let you all know he passed last night. Any suggestions on another low maintenance fish that will not need a filter or heater? Also I would like one that is colourful as they are the most pretty. Also someone who won't need the tank washed to frequently from a 1-2 gallon tank.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.