Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting about my bewly discovered LFS aquarium city, it keeps bettas in at least 1gallon glass containers, their always clean and the bettas are always healthy! Im soooo happy i found this place :D the other thing is the colours which are pretty cool they had a (well almost) pure white veiltail marbled crowntails and some clear finned CTs. (are clear finned bettas hard to come by?)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
It is SO nice to hear about a store that treats bettas well.

You're really lucky to have one. My closest store is an aquarium specialty shop, all the other tanks are okay but bettas? Yup, it has the tiny, manky cups and sick/dead fish. I hate spending money there, but wouldn't have a choice in an emergency.

I'd so love to have a store that closeby which I -wanted- to support.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They wont sell bettas that are sick or have fin rot, there was a bad VT which had almost no tail D: they said their not going to sell him till hes fixed up. I feel realy luck to have a petshop like this. ( they even keep them heated cause their in the tropical room)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Aussies! And yay for ethical LFS's.

I've heard of two in Melbourne that are ethical to fish and customers - one in Richmond, the other in St. Kilda. Must get the names.. I forget them just now. But the Richmond one's website is lush. Been meaning to visit both, which I may just do this weekend.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The place is calles aquarium city its located at 208 Railway parade bayswater WA 6053. It really is great in my opinion. Its the blue building.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Aussies! And yay for ethical LFS's.

I've heard of two in Melbourne that are ethical to fish and customers - one in Richmond, the other in St. Kilda. Must get the names.. I forget them just now. But the Richmond one's website is lush. Been meaning to visit both, which I may just do this weekend.
Subscape and Exotic Aquatic are two of the better LFS in Melbourne. Exotic Aquatic gets in imported pairs and the owner Adrian, is very friendly and even lets us bring our GS puppy into his store.

I have been meaning to go to Aqueus, which I believe is the St Kilda one, but I just haven't had the time.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reckon youll love it :)
I have to drive there from morley though thats the only bad thing.
Their also open on sundays till 3 (i think.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts