Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there I have found a lump on my betta under his front fins I'm pretty sure it's fairly new but appears to be getting bigger, he's behaving normally swimming and eating doesn't appear to be bothering him. Tank is cleaned regularly 20L water levels fine and heater and filter. Fed once a day.

Could this be a tumor and if so will he die? If not a tumor what else could it be.

Thanks

Lucy

Also not betta related but do these guppies appear to be pregnant?

The little one at the top...and the orange and black one...

THANKYOU!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm not familiar with your fish, but is there any chance it could be a really well-finned female? In a way it looks "eggy", lol.

I had a betta with a tumor on his side but it was more like a bump stuck to him, whereas to me that looks like internal...largeness... more like constipation. Anyway it was definitely a tumor that our betta had, he never acted any different or had symptoms of illness, and lived quite awhile with it... then he was dead one day. So... I think it depends on the kind of tumor. Just like im humans, cats, dogs... there are benign tumors and bad tumors.

But I'm not sure that what your fish has.

I know nothing of guppies, sorry!

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Your betta and orange guppy both look bloated to me. The guppy can be fed some pieces of a pea, and the betta and guppy can both be fed frozen or life daphnia to help them poop. It looks like they're getting more than their fair share of the food.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts