Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed recently that Rose has developed (on only one side of her, her left side) a large mass. At first I thought it was from me over feeding her maybe, but I noticed its only on one side. I showed her to my mom (who helps me out with them, as far as supplies and maintaince goes) and she said she thought it looked like a tumor. I was also thinking that, as I have seen topics about fish it's tumors or swollen abdomens. I'm really concerned, and any help would be greatly appreciated. She's very lively and fast still, hence the reason why the picture below is such bad quality and why I had to lead her over with a distraction. But she's also eating, too. It will be our 1 year anniversary (since I bought them both, Frankie and Rose) on the 23rd. I'm really hoping she'll be okay, and that this isn't a huge issue. The two of them have been great, up until now for Rose.

(Swollen/large lump or mass) Sorry the picture is very bad, but it's the white lump.

· Registered
4 Posts
FrankieandRoseforever, My Betta has the same thing now! I have been treating for constipation and parasites as I thought that was the reason for the mass , but it does look like a tumor of some sort. What happened to yours?? I hope all ended up OK....

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FrankieandRoseforever, My Betta has the same thing now! I have been treating for constipation and parasites as I thought that was the reason for the mass , but it does look like a tumor of some sort. What happened to yours?? I hope all ended up OK....
I just got the email today about the reply...so sorry for my constant absence lately everyone! Hi there! I haven't updated in awhile. Im sorry to hear your betta has one of the mysterious lumps, too. I haven't done any treatments yet, because the more i take pictures of her/it, the more i feel like it is a tumor of some sort. Rose is still going strong, but she still has the mass. She has never lost her fiesty, spunky personality either. I should get the new pictures I got of her recently up, I think they would show it more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.