Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum, I'm new here and excited to search through all the sections for info and tips. I found this forum because I've been looking for macrostoma lifecycle information.

I have a pair of 5 month old fry's and wondering when males start showing their color?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oh I am so jealous, please share some photos of them! I am personally not familiar with keeping them and could only find one source on Google about sexual maturity, it said that it can take up to a year for them to hit sexual maturity but I have no idea how accurate that is. Maybe ask the breeder or try to find someone who has kept them before; I think I see them pop up on Instagram a bit. Sorry I couldn’t help more!

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,134 Posts
I'm so jealous!!! They are adorable!!
Don't find anything on google either.

Reactions: bjjbetta

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
I was told by a Mac keeper who happens to have a pair of the same age than yours that the male colored up when she was gradually raising temperatures to 80 F.

I got no info so far on breeding age but will add as soon as they tell me.

The other keeper has her male currently carry eggs for the second time. The first time he swallowed them after 10 days for no obvious reason (as far as I remember).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Feanor.

Mine had ich so I had them at 80° until it went away. They didn't seem to like it that warm, so I have them at 76°. For sure don't pass 80° with macs, they looked miserable at 85.

I've been seeing the same thing about males swalling the eggs if conditions arent perfect. I'll keep you updated when I get to that point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts