Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a couple of weeks ago I posted pics of my three new "females"
Pineapple/Luna has been really aggressive since we put her in the tank, she has torn the other girl's fins to pieces, and her fins just seem to be getting longer and longer, I think she may be a boy :/ HELP?!
I have posted a picture, sorry it isnt very good.I really need to know!!!she/he is in a breeding trap for now, until I know for certain, Please help!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
very pretty coloring~ I agree with Sweeda, but don't boys have the to long fins in the front? Beards i think is what they are called...unless the picture is so blurry I can't see xD

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Males only have beards when they flare. It doesn't show otherwise.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hmm... she does sort of look like a male. Does (s)he have an eggspot? (S)he looks like a young VT or DeT, but I'm not an expert. I'd say (S)he's a male. :/

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I think it's a young male delta. There's no way a fish with fins that long is a female. Also, the body shape is not feminine. Females usually have a rounded belly.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
it does show even without flaring, but it is most likey a YOUNG male
because young males tend to look like females until there around 4 or 5 months (IMO) but yes it is a male (to me it does)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm... she does sort of look like a male. Does (s)he have an eggspot? (S)he looks like a young VT, but I'm not an expert.
A tiny tiny one but it isnt very clear at all, I think (s)he is a male juvi?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Looks like one. What are you going to do with him? Probably need to re-name him. LOL.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a fry tank with baby platys in at the moment, they're big enough for him to leave them alone, I can put him in there untill I get him his own tank

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes..he's a male juvi.

Also the only sure way to tell gender is to look for the egg spot. At his age, he shouldn't have one.
Anything that is there is literally barely there, it is that faint that at first I didn't spot it, it was only when I realised about the fins that it provoked me to look properly

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have an identity crisis too , i just got my sisster a betta for her 14 b-day and i think hes a vt but he was sold in the section labeld , halfmoon bettas and crowntail bettas , his tails are long and skinny and hes very long and elagent , we named him brooke , but he wants to know what he is

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Males only have beards when they flare. It doesn't show otherwise.
I think he meant the ventral fins, which I don't see in the picture either....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to post a pic :p i need to show u him

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for such quick response (s)he is now in the fry tank having a look around and exploring!

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey i think i figured it out , heres me and brooke ,(not good pic , is webcam pic

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone tell me how to post a pic :p i need to show u him
Go onto advanced reply/message go down to additional options, click manage attachments, browse, find the pic, click upload, it will tell you when it is uploaded, and then close the uploading page, click the submit reply that is down at the bottom of the page, below the manage attachments button!Good luck, we will try and help you :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Your welcome Becky. :)
Bubba, he's a Cambodian Veil tail male. BTW, your probably going to get more answers by making your own thread. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts