Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I think this is the right forum to post this. Any way I want to try making my own tank decorations since I like bright colors and want a alternative to the cookie cutter decorations that are every where. I want to use polymer clay as I already have some and work with it. I even have an etsy I make charms. I was wondering if anyone here has made any thing for your tanks of polymer clay and whether its safe? Iv been looking around and it seems some people do use it in tanks. so I guess Im asking if anyone here has tryed it if any one has any ideas and I guess if its safe and goes well I might make things for other people idk :-?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have used Sculpy clay for my decorations and have had no side affects. Sculpy light clay floats though, so that was a big surprise!! I also like bright colors and made a very bright pink glow-in-the-dark double tailed goldfish :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Do you have to do anything to cure it, or make it tank-safe? I would totally LOVE to make some homemade tank items! That would cure my, "I can't find the perfect thing" dilemma's.
;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats what Im thinking. I like what I like and alot of shop stuff is just yuck to me

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you have to do anything to cure it, or make it tank-safe? I would totally LOVE to make some homemade tank items! That would cure my, "I can't find the perfect thing" dilemma's.
;)
I baked it and I am on month 3 and no issues!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts