Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl, i was wondering if it would be better to put a male betta with a female betta in a divided tank (8gal) would it cause less stress?:hmm: because the perspex im using is kind of clear. need info asap thanks :) :thankyou:

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
You can. Many people keep males and females in divided tanks. Two things to be aware of if you do this:
1) your female can get eggy from seeing the male. This condition can be similar to bloat or constipation as they pass the eggs they've absorbed.
2) make doubly sure they can't get into each other's sections or you could end up with a surprise spawn

Good luck!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, is there a way to tell the difference between when the females eggy and when shes constipated or bloated? I have a divided made out of the peg basket stuff the fish are too big to get through its high enough and it goes right up against the side.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,789 Posts
It's pretty hard, sometimes. When a girl is eggy, her behavior doesn't usually change too much. If she's bloated, she may become lethargic, refuse to eat, and experience swim bladder problems. When a girl is eggy, she usually doesn't have swim bladder problems. When she's eggy, she may pass an off-whitish poo from eaten/absorbed eggs. If she's bloated, she may not poop at all.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, ty i didnt know the difference cause i never had a female before and never seen one bloated.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts