Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I recently set up a 3 gal tank with a male betta and some java ferns and my little friend is building a bubble nest. 2 questions:
Is this a good, or a bad sign?
Do I try my best not to disturb the nest when I change the water, or is rebuilding the nest and what not a common thing for bettas?

Thanks,
J
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Hi there, it's completely normal and just a sign that you've fullfilled his other two basic requirements; food and shelter, reproduction is third but DO NOT just throw another female in with him. Just because he wants to breed doesn't mean he's ready or that it's a good idea, you could potentially end up with 500 bettas from a single spawn, more than half would likely be males and would have to be separated out into jars when old enough lol. Yeah, but it's not a bad sign at all.

You can wreck it all you want, he won't really care, if he still wants to breed then he'll continue making it. It's not a bad sign either if he doesn't rebuild it, he's just not "in the mood" more or less.

Reactions: huckleberry77

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks a lot! Yeah I'm not sure I'll be qualified to be a betta breeder anytime soon hahah

Hi there, it's completely normal and just a sign that you've fullfilled his other two basic requirements; food and shelter, reproduction is third but DO NOT just throw another female in with him. Just because he wants to breed doesn't mean he's ready or that it's a good idea, you could potentially end up with 500 bettas from a single spawn, more than half would likely be males and would have to be separated out into jars when old enough lol. Yeah, but it's not a bad sign at all.

You can wreck it all you want, he won't really care, if he still wants to breed then he'll continue making it. It's not a bad sign either if he doesn't rebuild it, he's just not "in the mood" more or less.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.