Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a NEW betta mommy! :-D I have 3 beautiful boys!! Our first is a blue-green male that we named Mr.Fish. (actually our 3 year old named him that) Our second one is a Red male, I believe they called him a crowntail? His name is Fireball! Our third is a black one with some silver/white in his fin. I think he was a half-moon?

Anyway our black one doesn't have a name yet!! And he isn't really showing much of a personality except that he does hide ALOT! He comes out to eat and then goes back into hiding.

I am thinking of naming him Shadow, due to the fact that we never see him.
But I would like some more input on names....
What do you think? And do you have any good names to suggest?

389188_10150731866597311_505562310_9136958_1871275729_n.jpg

If I'm doing this right....^^^that should be our newest addition to our family :-D What do you think? Is he a Shadow or do you see something else?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I personally like shakespeare names for betta cause..well Look at them lol.

My Blue ct is named Benvolio lol, maybe you coudl use a name from a book you like or a film or soemthing But Shaddow is nice too.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Wow! What a beautiful black and white boy! I'd name him something like Oreo or Popper (because it reminds me of Mr. Popper's Penguins), something along those lines. I like Shadow as a name, as it highlights his color. It would be nice to mention his white streaks too, they're so pretty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cinderwolf - I'm not sure my husband would appreciate a bunch of bettas named after the men in my romance novels!! LOL!! I see what you are saying though and it's great suggestion. I will be keeping that in mind for our future bettas. (I am in the process of trying to talk my husband into another Betta tank!!)

Sivan - I really like Oreo! I should have thought of that one myself!! I just can't seem to find the names for these guys too easy though!! And I normally would have mentioned his white! BUT we didn't know he had any white, besides on his two bottom fins. That picture was the first on I ever took of him, and the white only showed up with the flash on. So i tried to take another picture, last night, but this time his white in the first picture showed up as a pinkish color (this picture was also taken when he was flaring at his reflection)

I included my 2nd picture of him. He was flaring at his reflection, which, all 3 of my bettas do when they catch a reflection in the glass :)

Attachments

·
Registered
449 Posts
Haha no I bet he wouldn't ; ) LOL I like naming all my animals ' people' names and fancy people names are more fun hahaha.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ah, I see. My boy changed colors with flashes too. Hmmm.... For a mostly black fish?

Noir
Nebula
Midnight
Nightwing
Dusk

Or how about after his personality?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love fireball as a name, btw! I have a few red firey CTs, I may have to swipe that name from you sometime!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I would say Oreo Pingu or Shadow!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Schatten! German for shadow. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts