Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey so ive had a Nemo koi male that I planned on breedingg for quite some time now and hes never behaved like a normal male. no bubblnest, no tale wags at females, not aggressive at all, and rarely ever flares. I moved him into my soririty to see what would appendix and he’s much less aggresiv then my girls! He’s in there permanently now because it works. Any ideas why this is working? He has no sicknesses or illnesses. Temp is 80 degrees.
Eye Window Fin Water Orange

·
Super Moderator
23,872 Posts
This is an unnatural situation so, sadly, it would be no surprise to find your male severely injured or dead at some point. Females can become frustrated and attack males. So continue at the risk of your male.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I’ve only had one aggressive male Betta (4 male, 1 female life time total) so I don’t think it’s that uncommon for males to be calmer. My current boy is pretty flarey though, especially when I showed him other fish (but not his new snail friend)

As for keeping them in the same tank, it seems a little risky to me, if just for the fact that you might wake up to a ton of eggs one day and not know what to do with all of them. I’d move him to a different tank and maybe just get him some tank mates to keep him company instead of risking your girls getting frustrated with him and attacking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts