Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I couple of days ago I found my males together! What?! Yes they were together in Pluto's house siting next to each other chilling. Meep is apparently small enough to for through the divider. After fixing it I come home today to find them exploring Pluto's side of the tank. There seems to be very little aggression though. After I fixed the divider again I watched, I watched them look at each other thorough the divider then Meep almost give me a heart attack as I watch him squeeze between the tank and the divider. Now they are just exploring the tank. I hunk I've fixed the divider now, but if I got a bigger tank would them being together be fine. If the link work this is how they are acting. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4KDHurL7Y

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yes, he could slip through the holes in the divider. But he also could have squeezed under it or jumped over it. He probably jumped

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
In a large enough tank anything is possible :)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
It's just a matter of time until disaster strikes. I'm sure you know that :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
@jaysee I've actually read an article where two males were placed in a hundred and twenty gallon Heavily planted tank and they still murdered each Other. ..

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Obviously not big enough :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
No it is not recommended at all. They may be ok for a day or two but then they'd start fighting and one might eventually kill the other.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I know it seems like a large tank can make anything possible, but they will fight and get seriously injered or killed. Never put them together without a divider. Good luck fixing it btw

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I didn't mean that as a literal, go get a big tank and you can do it. Like Matt said, it's just not feasible for hobbyists to set up such a large tank just for 2 bettas. However I agree, I wouldn't try in less than a 6 foot tank. I'm sure that there aren't many people with the means to test this and find out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured out how to fix it. I placed a tall plant in the little space. He can't get through it at the moment. Yay hopefully it's fixed for good.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Be sure to keep us posted on how things go.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The LFS in my neighborhood has a 600 gallon tank for sale. Cabinetry above and below, it's a beautiful piece. About 10 ft tall. Bigger than my half of my college dorm room (many eons ago). Only $1000. LOL

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
My girlfriend saw a 600 gallon tank for the same price.... We would have to get bunk beds for the kids to accommodate that beast. That's a fantastic price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts