Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody

I went into my trusty LFS looking to buy some bloodworms for Ghoul and Lich, when, all of a sudden, *le wild Betta apears :)

Half hour later I was carying home a new 3g tank+gravel+heater+thermometer+conditioner + bag 'o Betta.

Truth be told, I didn't care if it's a he or a she at the moment, because I simply *loved* its colors. Goes smoothly from an all black head to a lovely blue body, I simply *love* it. Not only that, but it was so friendly, it kept staring at me while patrolling the frontal side of the tank...I just had to take it home.

But now, I begin wondering and require your help. I'm sort of new to Bettas, all I had before Ghoul (VT) was another VT, so I can't really tell others apart. I liked this one because it looks a bit like one of those PK everyone seems to love. Not that I would get one just because they're popular, just saying...

I like the new member of my home a lot, and would love to know if it's a he or a she. I'll make no difference in raising either one of them :)

Sorry about the picture quality, but that's as much as I can get out of my phone. That and I had a hard time making the little one stay still :)

P.S. -> Just remembered this and though it might be important to note: since it was stressed with the move and everything, horizontal lines appeared on it's body. I'm not sure if that's an all female thing or not.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh right, the white dot. I can't believe I forgot about that.
It's definitely visible when looking from behind, so most likely it's a female.
So, no beautiful long fins for me on this one, but she's still really pretty :)

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I agree with girl at the moment, just saying an eggspot is not a 100% way to tell. Two of my 3 males that I have/had have had eggspots.

You seem to be feeding a bit too much bloodworms btw.

See the attached image, she is a he lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I know there were too much worms, sorry about that. I usually just drop 2-3 in there, not sure why I dropped so many now. Guess I felt like giving him/her a treat for the horror that he/she had to endure. But, I know overfeeding is also a bad thing, so I'll make sure it won't happen again, that's a promise :)
So she could still be a male. Hm, I'd love to say time will tell but this could take a while :D

The he that you posted looks a lot like what I got if you substitute red for black, only mine has shorter fins for now (so shorter end spikes too).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts