Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fish is driving me crazy! I bought it as a Petco Baby Betta and I've gone back and forth between whether I think its a male of female. I thought it was a female and its in my sorority and has been doing just fine with the other girls, but now its long finnage is making me question myself once again. And I can't see the oviposter anymore (I could see it when the fish is younger). I need help before I drive myself crazy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'd say thats a delta tail boy, I'm not expert either though. Hopefully one of the experts will pop in and say what they think. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Looks like a man to me too xD

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
*face palm* I was trying to think of what kind he was and completely spaced the round tails. I agree with vilmarisv.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Male, it has a beard.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Definitely a male!!
He's a rountail, btw. Unless he develops a wider caudal.
I was thinking roundtail male too. Sigh. I was hoping I was wrong.

I'm really surprised at how well he gets along with my girls. He has flared but he just this week started to get that beard. He's still very young. I'm also surprised at the lack of a bubble nest. Especially since he's been in with the girls for about a month or so. Maybe he's too young still? Idk.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Looks more like a young veil to me. But that's a boy.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Definitely a boy. Regardless of how well he gets on with them, I'd find him a seperate tank ASAP. The girls might gang up on him and kill him.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Definitely a boy. Regardless of how well he gets on with them, I'd find him a seperate tank ASAP. The girls might gang up on him and kill him.
I'm sorry
but I LOLed so hard when I read this.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, he's floating in his cup right now.

I have two males in a divided tank already (6g I think but I bought it so long ago that I don't remember). My boyfriend offered to upgrade me to a 10g and divide it 3 ways for my 3 boys.

But I just found a 20g long on craigslist for "$15 or best offer" if my parents will let me get it, I'm gonna get that since it will be cheaper than a new 10g. Maybe divide the 20g 4 ways and get the boy I've been eyeing at Petco. ;)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
gotta love craigslist :) I was finding similar deals by me too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I know! If its still available, I'm getting it. :)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
$15?!?! *head explodes*

i got my 20 gallon for free from a neighbor and my 10 gallon for 10$ at a yard sale.... gotta love neighbors and yard sales! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts