Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a scare this morning. I was running late to work doh. I always check my fish no matter what though every morning they get a look over to see what's going on with them. Well I admit I was rushed this morning and quickly looked over the boys. Mystic wouldn't get out of the corner making his neck look blew up. I thought the worst of it and did some research on medications.

Anyways I found this Maracyn Plus and did some research on it. This stuff looks like the closes thing to a cure all that I have found. I haven't been able to find a bad review on it in fact. I'm just curious if anyone else has experience or would recommend having this on hand for those times medication is needed.

·
Registered
190 Posts
its great i like i also keep melafix it works great to.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see your point about the limited shelf life. I found a place to get it cheap so I'll probably keep it around just in case. I also have friends that have fish so I could always help them out. None of the stores around here stock any of the good antibiotics. Everything would have to be shipped in that is what got me to thinking about having something on hand.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yeah I wasn't going to use it unless something arose that called for it. Definitely hate people that treat antibiotics like candy. I swear I know people that if they get a sniffle they demand to be put on an antibiotic. I could see them "treating" the water with antibiotics lol. I thought he was showing signs of dropsy. So I was thinking all day that he would surely die by the time the antibiotics got to my door; as I didn't have money to splurge for express shipping. Do you think it would help if I refrigerated the antibiotics?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Betta had a bad case of what seemed to be fin-rot. Although he was also very inactive and losing color. I used the original Maracyn (I didnt know about Maracyn Plus at the time), and he briefly got better. When he started showing similar symptoms again, I tried API's Bettafix, and it seemed to work quite well. He is currently happy and healthy and his fins are continuing to grow back. Just thought I'd share this, because API products have always been effective and helpful for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts