Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a 10 pack of marimo balls last year. I ended up putting 6 of them in my tank, and I placed the other 4 in an open container with water. I changed the water a few times, I guess once a month. Then I needed to move them, so the container was placed in a cabinet and forgotten. I found the container today, and the water had all evaporated. They have a white residue on the top sides, from the minerals in the evaporated water. I placed them in clean water, and tried to rub the white residue off of them, with some success.

Do you think that I could put these in my tank? They look lush and green, except for the remaining residue. Maybe I could trim that part off. What should I do? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Hi all,

I bought a 10 pack of marimo balls last year. I ended up putting 6 of them in my tank, and I placed the other 4 in an open container with water. I changed the water a few times, I guess once a month. Then I needed to move them, so the container was placed in a cabinet and forgotten. I found the container today, and the water had all evaporated. They have a white residue on the top sides, from the minerals in the evaporated water. I placed them in clean water, and tried to rub the white residue off of them, with some success.

Do you think that I could put these in my tank? They look lush and green, except for the remaining residue. Maybe I could trim that part off. What should I do? Thanks.
Just take small scissors and cut off the residue if you don't like the look of it. Gotta love how durable they are to get forgotten in a dark place like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts