Both are bad. You need your ammonia and nitrate to be at 0ppm. If this is a cycled tank, it is still cycling and experiencing a dangerous ammonia spike. You should do a partial water change to remove some of the toxins. Those levels are unsafe for fish to live in.
If this is an unfiltered bowl, changing the water will bring you back down to 0ppm for everything. (and I would recommend you do so more often)
lol ok, in that case it should be a normal part of cycling. Still not good to have any ammonia in the tank, but waay safer to have .25 than 2.5! I would keep an eye on it, 0ppm is optimal, but if you are in the process of cycling then it's normal to get a little spike. Just keep an eye on it and keep up with your water change schedule.