Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. My daughters and I brought home from Pet World a Male Halfmoon (so they say ... what do yo think?) and compromised on the name Bubbles Miyagi. He currently resides in a 3 gallon tank with a lot of silk plants (and filter and heater). Thought maybe too many plants at first, but he seems to enjoy them so far. We chose him because of the way he reacted when we looked at him in the store. Pretty sure he loves us. :-D He is our only pet at the moment.

This is my first attempt at pictures of him. I didn't force the issue or try and get him to flare because he's just had a water change and I don't want to freak him out.

I have a blanket over the back of the tank to help regulate the temp as it's been freezing here in Boston. I do have a tank heater but when my house temps drop low enough the tank heater doesn't keep up as well.

As far as the plants go, he does seem to like to swim through and hide in them.

He's pretty in the LED lights. :)

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Very nice. If I can make a suggestion? I looked at the log you have last night. They are very nice but if you look at the top there's a section that looks like a stump? It has tiny holes cut into it. Check inside of it and check for sharp pieces from manufacturing. The one I looked at was filled with sharp protrusions. You may want to file them down if yours is the same because it could tear fins

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. If I can make a suggestion? I looked at the log you have last night. They are very nice but if you look at the top there's a section that looks like a stump? It has tiny holes cut into it. Check inside of it and check for sharp pieces from manufacturing. The one I looked at was filled with sharp protrusions. You may want to file them down if yours is the same because it could tear fins
Thanks for the tip. Never occurred to me to check that. :-? I just checked and it seems ok, not sharp.

I also have the hammock which I read has a wire running through the inside which might become exposed. That seems ok for now too but I will watch for rust and wear.

thx again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts