Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pronounced "Kah-lie-iss". Latin for turquoise.
I tested my tank water myself 3 times before I decided to finally get a new fishy. He was the ONLY unique one left. At the store, his scales were a light color. After 3 hours of being in his new "house" his scales darkened to such a pretty color. In the photos that is the color he darkened to. His color was whiter. I'm not sure if you can see it very well, but his tail fins have black spots. So pretty when he flutters his tail. I tried to get a picture of them but his whole tail would be a blur :'(
Also, he has a bit of yellowing on the top of his head. I hope that will gain it's color. Lastly, I caught him resting? on one of the plants with his head pointing downward. When I put my fingers to the tank he got up and swam off healthy appearing. ALL of my bettas has never done this? Is it something to worry about?

Here are photos of him:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
aww he is adorable :3 i love the 3rd pic it is so darn cute >-<
Me too. He was having issues with the thermometer. He's afraid to swim anywhere near it. And he had just realized he was swimming so close to it.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aww he is a scaredy cat :) he reminds me of the first boy when i got the betta bite
Hes also afraid of the ghost shrimp. When he 1st saw one of them he was "Whoa, what's that???" swims closer slowly. Shrimp moves. "OMG! It moved" backs up quickly.

Funny thing is hes not scared of the filter tho:question:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
my betta's love to play in the current of the filter XD i never had ghost shrimp before :p they sound pretty awsome to have though, am not good with shrimp i think

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
just don't leave it for long :p i either just put another betta beside my male i want to flare. atleast under 15 minutes he'll be fine any longer will sometimes cause stress

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would it be fine to feed freeze dried brine shrimp as a daily diet? Or should I stick to it as a once a week thing? He loves the brine shrimp and picks at his pellets.
I put just enough to split between him n the shrimp....and well, he became a piggy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
He's so cute!! I love the picture where he's trying to avoid the thermometer.

They can get addicted to brine shrimp/blood worms and start refusing their pellets, lol. So be careful. I'd stick to once a week, especially because freeze dried stuff too frequently can cause constipation. :eek:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
!+^ agreed, i actually lost most of my sorority (a sorority i had before i came to this site) by just feeding that stuff and they got dropsy :(

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
!+^ agreed, i actually lost most of my sorority (a sorority i had before i came to this site) by just feeding that stuff and they got dropsy :(
I do believe I saw him a bit inactive today. Should I have him fast tomorrow?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
just check above him if you see any pine coning (scales raised) and bloated, it's fine if there inactive sometimes (boredom sometimes the cause)

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just check above him if you see any pine coning (scales raised) and bloated, it's fine if there inactive sometimes (boredom sometimes the cause)
I don't see any pine coning. It looks like his tummy has gone down.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts