Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after Wheatley died, I wasn't too confident about owning another fish. Wheatley died for some unknown reason (I'm thinking bloating being treated wrong or Dropsy) and I didn't know if I was gonna kill another one if I got it.

Well, Me and boyfriend went to Walmart so he could get shipping envelopes (He's selling his games via Ebay), and I wanted to look at Betta fish. They had an okay selection there, nothing too exciting (I was and still am holding out for a Crowntail) when I saw him.

Boyfriend spotted him first, on the bottom near the sink. We picked him up and I just fell in love in how unusual he was. He seems to be a cellopane because you can see the veins and such. He has a bit of marbling on his fins, as well as some possible ammonia burns on his body, but I'm not sure.

It took a looooot of convincing, but I've managed to talk Boyfriend into getting Casper (what we dubbed him in the store) and my future Crowntail at Petsmart.

I'll put pictures in the next post. They came from his cellphone, since my camera is out of commission at the moment.) Since I have to leave for work, I'm going to let the water sit for a bit, then I'll put him into the new water when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone! I'm acclimating him now. After that, In goes gravel, two plants that were in Wheatley's tank!

@Bettastar: Awwwww, what a cutie! <3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts