Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum and I wasn't all that active in the first place, but I have been hovering and reading up on all of the wonderful info here for years. I thought I'd introduce my newest betta addition because I have some extra time and I think he's absolutely stunning.

I have been betta-less for a little over 3 months. I had gone back and forth about getting another over the course of those 3 months. I made plans to get a fish a couple times and even gathered quite a bit of new fish stuff in preparation, but I had some other pet losses and new additions, so getting another betta was put off. I've definitely missed having a betta and it just seemed wrong to have 3 tanks (2 of which were empty) and no bettas.

I went to some pet stores in search of a fish. I didn't really have a certain color or fin type in mind, I was mostly looking for a healthy fish with nice, expressive eyes. I wanted a fish that screamed "pick me". I didn't have any luck at the first few pet stores I went to. There were a lot of beautiful fish, but none that I wanted to take home with me. On Tuesday I stopped at a couple of stores a bit further from my house, because I was in the area. I really thought I would be out of luck again. Petco had a very small selection, most being either very clamped up or having really badly chewed fins. Petsmart on the other hand, had a great selection of healthy fish. There were two I wanted and for a second, I seriously considered getting both, but I wasn't prepared to get two (Even though I did have two empty tanks! I'm really surprised I was able to resist bringing the other guy home too). I ended up picking a "Premium Male Rose Petal" (Otherwise known as one of the bettas with the purple label and the highest price tag). There was another person at the store who was hovering around the bettas and she picked my second choice as soon as I had made my decision. He had gorgeous colors, he was a mix of blue and yellow and white.

I've decided to call the new betta George. I wanted to name him something a bit more classy because he's such a beautiful fish, but George has just stuck. I have him set up in a 10 gallon. He has been analyzing everything in the tank. It's so fun watching him explore. He is a very personable fish, which is exactly what I was looking for. He comes right up to the front of the tank when he sees me, and gets especially excited when he sees me fidgeting with the fish food. He's been gobbling up his food and doesn't let anything go to waste. Today I was testing his water and he was very interested in the tube thing I was putting in his tank. I think maybe he thought it was some strange foreign food. I have really missed having bettas and am so glad I was finally able to bring home another. I'm especially glad I was able to find such a gorgeous and interactive fish.

Anyways... here are some pictures of George and a picture of his tank.

Water Fin Fish Pet supply Tail

Vertebrate Liquid Drinkware Plant Fluid
Water Liquid Nature Natural environment Fin
Flower Plant Leaf Petal Terrestrial plant
Water Plant Window Fish supply Organism
Plant Botany Fish supply Water Organism
Plant Botany Leaf Natural environment Organism
Flower Plant Green Leaf Insect
Water Fish supply Organism Terrestrial plant Underwater
Water Green Plant Fish supply Pet supply

·
Registered
1) 25 litres, Espresso the betta,2) 60 litres with 2 blue rams,3) my cat!
3,197 Posts
Hi!! This betta is so lovely!!! I personaly prefer sort finned bettas but if i found a betta as stunning as he is, i would deffinitely take it! Give him a wave from me!! 🥰

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!! This betta is so lovely!!! I personaly prefer sort finned bettas but if i found a betta as stunning as he is, i would deffinitely take it! Give him a wave from me!! 🥰
I also typically don't prefer bettas with so much finnage, but George is the exception. My favorites are usually plakats and veiltails. I'm always worried about the heavy fins causing swimming issues and leading to fin nipping. But there was no way I was leaving this guy at the store. He was the first one my eyes landed on, for obvious reasons! So far, he seems very active and is swimming all over the tank. Not quite as fast as the plakats I've had, but he definitely doesn't seem to have any issues swimming, even with the luxurious fins.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts