Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got him about 20 minutes ago and am about to add some water from my tank to his bag. I got him from the Fish Doctor and they seem to have a good store. He was in a commonity tank with female guppies and some snails. He's active and gave the shopkeeper a runaround trying to catch him. There are 2 photos in my gallery and I will add more. How do you add them to a discusion?

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok will that work on my phone because that's the only camera I have?

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know he's platinum is he a veiltail? It doesn't really matter to me I just like to know. He's already exploring the tank and fairly active. Should I offer food later today or give him a day or two to recover?

·
Registered
Akila and Atticus <3
856 Posts
He's such a pretty boy! Judging by the first pic, he definetely isn't a veiltail. He kind of looks like a platinum delta rosetail?I'm not sure but someone more experienced could help. I'm sure he's not a veiltail though.
Congrats on your new betta though!

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. I love his look and his sassyness.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We rarely get rosetails where I am so I don’t have experience with them but I would say delta
When he’s settled and starts flaring if you snap a pic of it you can tell for sure by the angle :)
Super Deltas span out just shy of 180
Halfmoons span out 180
Deltas span out less than super deltas

·
Registered
427 Posts
Very cute fish! I wish you and him all the best.
To exactly tell his tail form he needs to flare - so if you see him one time, flaring his gills and beard and fins, you can see to what degree the tail fin (caudal) will stretch:

If it‘s almost 180 he would be called a Super Delta.
If it‘s closer to 120 he is a Delta.

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool thanks. I'd have to ask you all for sure. My depth perception and are related visual abilities are poor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
He's very beautiful and shows off so spectacularly!

Careful with that java fern planted in the substrate. It looks kinda deep. Make sure only the roots themselves are buried and not the rhizome or else it will rot. It might be safer to tie it to your bridge ornament or a rock. ;)

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok. I do that when I replant some of the others. Technically I haven't bought any floating plants. I just can't get them to stay planted.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too have problems keeping stem plants in the substrate. You can get lead strips to anchor them if they keep floating up. Is that wisteria I see? It's recommended that you start wisteria out floating anyway until it forms roots and then it will be easier to plant. You can also use the lead strips to keep it down once you plant it.

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks although I'll have to find something that's not on Amazon. My mom hates them and doesn't want to use them at all. Maybe I could find them somewhere else or something similar. Yes it is Wisteria.

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
HE ATE. First day. I noticed he kept poking at the surface so put in a few of the Fluval bug bites. It took him a minute but he found them and gobbled them down.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts