Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,164 Posts
To keep stem plants in the substrate you can wrap two or three stems in a lead weight and plant weight an all. They should root on their own. You can also weight them in large bunches. For Crypts, Echinodorus, rooted plants you can use the weights at their base and remove once established.

I did the latter with an Anubias by wrapping the rhizome. When I pulled it up to replant
the roots covered the entire bottom of 2.5 gallon!

Helios is lovely.

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thankyou. They are weighted except for the bamboo. I think I need to get an overhead light for when I want to do something in the tank because I can barely see when the top's off. Leave it off most of the time and just use it when doing tank stuff. Love the apartment but biggest drawback is no overhead lights or fans

·
Registered
Akila and Atticus <3
720 Posts
He's so pretty!

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Still need to switch over but Helios seems to like the onion plant I got to replace the bamboo.
I’ll add more pictures when I get his tank looking better. I also got some duckweed.

·
Registered
Mr.B, Wrangler, Primo, omega, Susan, Julies
540 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Your tank is beautiful. Beautiful tank for a beautiful fish! And your plants look so nice and healthy. Looks like a jungle for Helios and I'm sure he loves it.

·
Registered
Helios the Platinum ?
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thankyou. Once I get a lamp over the tank and am able to bury the roots I'll put some pictures in the planted tank thread.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts