Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) Impromptu purchase of fish today from Petsmart. New additions to the family to add to the goldfish and Monkey! One is a tiny, shy delta with a flesh-colored body and green/white splotched fins, named Labis- he's my sister's. The other is a spunky, big-boned flesh-colored veiltail with some blue pineappling and blue/gold fins, named Jao Chai ("Prince" in the Thai language).
Both are in Prime-conditioned 1 gallons with riverstone gravel and a panty-hose-tested plastic plant, upgrading as soon as it's financially possible to get some good 2.5g tanks. Using IAL for both. No filter. Heaters will soon be arriving (no Hydor Theos at a physical location in my area or anywhere so far as I know, so I have to order them, and Amazon doesn't ship on Sundays, so the poor boys will have to spend a few nights heaterless), but thankfully I live in a pretty sunny area. It's just the nights I'm worried about, and I'm not really willing to purchase a bad heater that might actually make things worse. I know, I know, lecture me all you want, but when you make an impromptu purchase on a Saturday of all days you can't really get a Hydor Theo heater at the same time. Their tanks do not have lids (DON'T FREAK OUT YET THERE'S MORE) but I have covered their tanks with Cling Wrap and poked holes about 1/2-3/4 cm across for air.
Both are perfectly healthy, Labis seems to have the tiniest tiniest bit of fin rot on his dorsal so I put in a pinch of AQ salt for both tanks just in case. Will be doing WCs daily until bigger tanks are available. Heaters will hopefully get here soon. Being fed Omega One flakes and Aqueon pellets. Labis is next to the goldfish Goldie and Golden on a wooden table, and Jao Chai is on my desk.
Both responded to fingers, both flared at each other, both are vibrant and colorful, and both eat food when they see it. :-D I hope they will live long and happy lives.
Please tell me if I need to fix anything for them and if I am not giving them optimum care unless noted above as impossible (or at least unreasonable) to acquire at the moment.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A filter is very important for bettas, so that should also go onto the list of things you need asap. Post some pics of them!! :)
ps Do you actually have a monkey? That is so cool

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, I wish I did! It's just my firstie betta, Mungkon, like "Monk-kohn" so I call him Monkey. It actually means "Dragon" even though I realized he wasn't a dragonscale later on. I know I need to get a filter, too, but I think that a heater will be more important for now.

Anyone have any reviews about Great Choice 10g for 10$ at Pet smart? I know it's not the best but I'm tight on money after my first betta, and with this tank I could easily get a divider and fit both fish in. I haven't heard a thing about my Petco doing a 1$/1g sale thing, :-(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts