Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The picture isn't the greatest, but this is Mozart, my lovely black and white butterfly. I'd seen him at Petco about a month ago, when I didn't have any open tanks. I fell in love and was tempted to get a new tank just for him. But, I resisted. When a tank did open up, I went to Petco to look at bettas. I hadn't planned on him still being there, so imagine my surprise when I'm looking through the cups and find him still sitting on the shelf. <3

I absolutely adore him. I've only had him three days and he's already taking FD bloodworms from my fingers and he blew a bubble nest. I named him Mozart because his black and white coloring reminded me of sheet music, and the first composer who sprang to mind was Mozart and the name just stuck.

And this is my other new boy who I haven't come up with a name for yet. This also isn't a great picture, but it was the best I could get. I didn't fall instantly in love with him the way I did with Mozart, but after spending a little over an hour debating, I picked him. I'm still not sure what to call him. I'd like to either stick with my theme of Slytherin characters from Harry Potter or give him a musical name, like Mozart. Name suggestions are certainly welcome.

Hopefully I can get some better pictures of them soon.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
awww I love Mozart's story so cute so amazing that he was still there and his name is brilliant.... New guy is really pretty

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Lucius? Or perhaps Beethoven, Bach? :) very pretty fish!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. xD Before I had tank space for him, I tried really hard to talk my friend into getting him, right after persuading her to buy a 2.5 gallon tank for a betta, but she ended up getting a double tail with similar coloring. She heard me jabbering about my fish and decided she wanted to get one since her dad won't let her have any other pet in the house, so we went together and I helped her pick out a tank, a good food, etc. for her fish and we spent a long time looking at the fish while she tried to pick one.

But now I'm glad she didn't buy him because he's all mine! I just couldn't believe he'd sat on the shelf for so long. I would've thought someone would've snatched him up. But, I guess not everyone likes the black ones? My mom didn't understand why I would pick a black fish instead of all of the brightly colored ones.

I already have a white hmpk named Lucius, but I had considered Beethoven. I don't know about Bach. I adore Bach's music, but it just doesn't seem to suit the fish. His coloring just makes me think of a more romantic composer. So Beethoven's definitely a possibility, except the man was just so ill-tempered... Though, then again maybe that's actually fitting for a betta. xD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts