Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this sweet boy a couple days ago from Petco. I named him Mr.Marbles because I think he is a marble, although he was labeled just as a "butterfly male" on his Petco cup. When I introduced him to his new tank, he was very shy at first. I added more hiding places and plants and he is really starting to come out of his shell! He swims around the whole 10 gallons, and also started using his floating log.

When I get home from work if I wiggle my finger near his little cave he will come out and greet me! He is a little shy, so I think I will try to add more cover for him and possibly pick up some floating plants to give more shade overall.

When I got home yesterday I found a bubble nest behind the filter. It seems like he is really appreciating his new environment. I am so in love with my new guy :)

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
What a cutie! I recall reading that the butterfly pattern comes from the marble gene, so you could say any butterfly could marble to a different pattern.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone! I am really excited to see what colors he changes into. I will try and post some update pics, but his fins are becoming even more of a shiny blue (like in the second pic) and I have noticed some purple/pink forming as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts