Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got 2 new bettas (waiting for them to come in from Thailand, then waiting for my shipper to contact me).

Meet Pongo and no name! I've been looking for a spotted betta for a while since Dalmatians are my second favorite dog breed (can you guess the first? ;) ). No name here though, has no name! I've been calling him "Rainbow" and "Mystery" since my friends and I couldn't come up a name for him. I was thinking something artsy since he reminds me of pastel colors.

Name suggestions for him? Oh I just can't wait to get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Haha our bettas will be sharing a name, eh? Lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They will lol! :p I never realized you had a koi named Pongo!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Call me crazy, but the fish in the first picture on the top left does not appear to be the same as the fish on the bottom left. The markings don't match... Anyone else seeing that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's him, the image is flipped so you're looking at his other side. No idea why but I double checked with the seller.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also think no name there might be a Rosetail?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It's him, the image is flipped so you're looking at his other side. No idea why but I double checked with the seller.
Ohhhh good. That makes sense now, yes, it does look like his other side haha. I was worried for you for a moment lol

Yep, the other guy might be considered a rosetail. Careful he doesn't end up finbiting on you. Provide lots of things for him to rest on near the surface!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
A decent sized PVC tube attached with aquarium sealant near the water line would work wonders for a resting spot you can cut them in half lengthwise too I hang them with thread and paper clips right now until I can find aquarium sealant my fish love them (make sure you sand them very very smooth )

·
Registered
667 Posts
Oooohhhhh that rosetail!!!!!!! Wowwey! How about MONET .

Can't wait to see some pics when you get them !

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
A bit morbid but the rosetail reminds me of blood splatter! Maybe Dexter? :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
667 Posts
A decent sized PVC tube attached with aquarium sealant near the water line would work wonders for a resting spot you can cut them in half lengthwise too I hang them with thread and paper clips right now until I can find aquarium sealant my fish love them (make sure you sand them very very smooth )
Might be a dumb question but can this method be used to in an existing set up tank? Or does the water have to be drained down?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Might be a dumb question but can this method be used to in an existing set up tank? Or does the water have to be drained down?

Not a dumb question at all ^^ the sealant needs a dry area or it won't stick, you may also need a plastic clamp to to hold it in place for 24hours I use 1¼ inch tubes cut a couple inches long . They can also be half buried in the substrate for other places to hide

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not a dumb question at all ^^ the sealant needs a dry area or it won't stick, you may also need a plastic clamp to to hold it in place for 24hours I use 1¼ inch tubes cut a couple inches long . They can also be half buried in the substrate for other places to hide
Cool, thanks for the info!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've decided to go with the name Monet for rainbow betta 0: Just waiting for my transhipper to inform me when they're both here in the US! I bought a lot of stuff for Monet to rest on while he's in a temporary tank for a few weeks.

Reactions: LittleMan

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's Pongo and Monet! They showed up on Thursday and have been in their QT tanks since :) Monet didn't have a ton of color when he showed up but it has been coming back! I love Pongo, he's so adorable! I can't wait to get these guys out of QT and into my 20G!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts