Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's my little baby Om Nom, I've had him since summer and he lives with my rift valley cichlids in a 55g tank. I managed to get some cool shots of him with my iphone 4 (which is difficult, as the camera focuses on the glass). This is his "I know you just fed me, but MOAR FOOD" face.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
He is adorable! :O

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys :D
Betta Slave: they're a joy to have, and don't grow to such ridiculous lengths like 20 inches like some people on the internet say. 12 inches, max. They're also relatively smart, breathe atmospheric air, and are absolutely BOMBPROOF. My guy survived a heater malfunction, a tank cycle issue, and an ich outbreak without a mark on him.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Om Nom is a straight up boss, I'm glad to see he has some fans XD He got an algae wafer as a treat for being so cool. He loves to grab them and shake them like a dog XP
JBosley: Doooo itttt, don't let some sources of information scare you off though, they don't grow to overwhelmingly large sizes, other bichirs do however.
Badjer: awww :(( definitely do get one at some point though, they're just too cool.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
What size tank is needed for them? :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope, freshwater :D
Maisy: they need around 40g to live comfortably. The cool part is they can handle lots of different water parameters without getting stressed, so mine's all cool in my super hard water!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
nope, freshwater :D
Maisy: they need around 40g to live comfortably. The cool part is they can handle lots of different water parameters without getting stressed, so mine's all cool in my super hard water!
I want one. Now. xD Are they aggressive, and do they need live food?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they will eat anything they can get their mouths around, if that makes sense. Mine's eaten platies, cherry barbs, and a small rainbow fish I think. I keep mine with loaches and cichlids, but really anything bigger than half his size. Other long and narrow fish work too, like needlenose fish.
My guy doesn't only need live food, he does appreciate the occasional treat though!! Nom subsists off http://www.alphaprobreeders.com/product_images/c/942/aqueon_shrimp_pellets__73176_zoom.JPG and some algae/veggie wafers. I like to give him and the other guys frozen brine shrimp and chopped prawns on occasion, and they love worms too. Basically, they'll eat anything! XP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.