Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Lets go back to about several months ago. My mom said that once we get back from our trip, I could get a betta. I couldn't wait! Now, to about 2 days ago, after some reminding and nudging, we went to the bit pet store. There were so many beautiful bettas! It was such a hard decision. I couldn't walk out with one betta without feeling bad for the rest. After looking at the many wonderful bettas, I decided on not one, but two! So, without further a do, meet Opal and Luna!

Here is Opal! I named him after a white gem, called the opal.

Questions on him:
-Can you guys tell what kind of fin type he has? He was labeled as a "Premium Male Platinum".
-He has cloudy eye, will a few water changes help?

Fawn Pet supply Whiskers Fish Fin

Water Fish supply Fin Organism Underwater

Here is Luna! I named her because she was labeled as "Female Halfmoon" so she was named Luna after the moon!
*I don't have any pics of her in her tank yet, she is a shy one!
Fin Water Fish Goldfish Tail

Registered
7 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 1 Madagascar hisser, 3 Halloween hissers
Congrats on the new babies! They're precious!!

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My last male betta had cloudy eye like Opal and after a few water changes it helped.

Registered
Slate (Betta) Anne, Coraline, and Tiny (Snails)
Hey guys!

Lets go back to about several months ago. My mom said that once we get back from our trip, I could get a betta. I couldn't wait! Now, to about 2 days ago, after some reminding and nudging, we went to the bit pet store. There were so many beautiful bettas! It was such a hard decision. I couldn't walk out with one betta without feeling bad for the rest. After looking at the many wonderful bettas, I decided on not one, but two! So, without further a do, meet Opal and Luna!

Here is Opal! I named him after a white gem, called the opal.

Questions on him:
-Can you guys tell what kind of fin type he has? He was labeled as a "Premium Male Platinum".
-He has cloudy eye, will a few water changes help?

View attachment 1042154
View attachment 1042153

Here is Luna! I named her because she was labeled as "Female Halfmoon" so she was named Luna after the moon!
*I don't have any pics of her in her tank yet, she is a shy one!
View attachment 1042155
Ironically I鈥檓 pretty sure that Opal is an opal betta, all though I鈥檓 not an expert.

Super Moderator
If you can get him to flair we can better tell his fin type.

A word of caution, though, no one knows why but platinum Betta are more prone to fin biting than other colors. For that reason, I would suggest keeping his water tinted with either IAL or plain Rooibos Tea. Both have calming as well as antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Both are lovely but Luna's a real looker. We don't often see a Mustard Gas with the pattern as originally developed. Most are morphs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you can get him to flair we can better tell his fin type.

A word of caution, though, no one knows why but platinum Betta are more prone to fin biting than other colors. For that reason, I would suggest keeping his water tinted with either IAL or plain Rooibos Tea. Both have calming as well as antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Both are lovely but Luna's a real looker. We don't often see a Mustard Gas with the pattern as originally developed. Most are morphs.
He is a very calm betta and I can't get him to flair, lol.

Thank you. I am very protective over these two, so I will post right away if I notice any fin-biting.

How do I get IAL's to color my water? I added one in but it won't color the water. I also am ordering many more plants to add to his tank.

Thank you. Luna did really catch my eye at the pet store. 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got him to flare. Here are some pics:

Water Fish supply Underwater Organism Fish

Water Botany Fish supply Petal Plant

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Reactions: Eridanus

Registered
60 litres with 2 blue rams, my cat!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just did a water change, too. Thank you for the response!

Reactions: betta4ever!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my goodness, thank you! He is so beautiful! I would like to see Luna, too. If you don't mind. :)

• Love
Reactions: betta4ever!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts