Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Lets go back to about several months ago. My mom said that once we get back from our trip, I could get a betta. I couldn't wait! Now, to about 2 days ago, after some reminding and nudging, we went to the bit pet store. There were so many beautiful bettas! It was such a hard decision. I couldn't walk out with one betta without feeling bad for the rest. After looking at the many wonderful bettas, I decided on not one, but two! So, without further a do, meet Opal and Luna!

Here is Opal! I named him after a white gem, called the opal.

Questions on him:
-Can you guys tell what kind of fin type he has? He was labeled as a "Premium Male Platinum".
-He has cloudy eye, will a few water changes help?

Fawn Pet supply Whiskers Fish Fin

Water Fish supply Fin Organism Underwater

Here is Luna! I named her because she was labeled as "Female Halfmoon" so she was named Luna after the moon!
*I don't have any pics of her in her tank yet, she is a shy one!
Fin Water Fish Goldfish Tail

Registered
Many Platies, 1 Glofish, Many Goldfish and RRM's, Many Shrimp and Snails, 5 Birds.
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My last male betta had cloudy eye like Opal and after a few water changes it helped.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
If you can get him to flair we can better tell his fin type.

A word of caution, though, no one knows why but platinum Betta are more prone to fin biting than other colors. For that reason, I would suggest keeping his water tinted with either IAL or plain Rooibos Tea. Both have calming as well as antibacterial and antifungal properties.

Both are lovely but Luna's a real looker. We don't often see a Mustard Gas with the pattern as originally developed. Most are morphs.
He is a very calm betta and I can't get him to flair, lol.

Thank you. I am very protective over these two, so I will post right away if I notice any fin-biting.

How do I get IAL's to color my water? I added one in but it won't color the water. I also am ordering many more plants to add to his tank.

Thank you. Luna did really catch my eye at the pet store. 馃槉

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got him to flare. Here are some pics:

Water Fish supply Underwater Organism Fish

Water Botany Fish supply Petal Plant

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Reactions: Eridanus

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just did a water change, too. Thank you for the response!

Reactions: betta4ever!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh my goodness, thank you! He is so beautiful! I would like to see Luna, too. If you don't mind. :)

• Love
Reactions: betta4ever!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts