Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New batches of fish come in on tuesdays so I went down to petsmart today to see what came in. I was hoping there'd be some new Corydoras but instead found this pretty yellow girl.

I couldn't walk away and she was a cheap little vailtail female so she came home with me instead of another catfish.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

here's a video that shows her true colors a little better then the pictures do. she's a cream and lemon yellow. her fins have a bit of a green-blue shimmer to them as well but the basic color is yellow. Her tail fin at full stretch doesn't get the full half moon look to it, so I don't think she was miss labeled.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
She's gorgeous!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's almost a shame she won't ever breed (i reeeeally can't afford to give that a go) she's such a pretty color. though maybe it's best that I'm not planning on it, finding a boy with that color would be a nightmare XD

she's in my new 29 gallon as a test to see how she reacts to the guppies already in the tank. full day in the tank and the guppies have figured out she's definitely NOT a guppy and now leave her alone so I'm thinking its going to work. at first when I was floating her, the boy guppies were very convinced she was a female guppy and apparently thought she was the /best/ guppy because he stopped chasing the girls around him to focus very much on showing off for Amelia. He kept trying after she was out of the cup as well but he quickly learned his lesson there. (she did NOT appreciate his dancing and attempts at poking at her lol)

If this all goes well, I plan on trying to get a group of female bettas going once the plants grow in a little more. I guess the petsmart near me sells enough females to start getting a decent amount of them. I was thinking of starting with a group of 5 (so getting 4 more once the tank is ready) i guess I'll have to see how it goes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.