Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o_uGr0xvxk&feature=related

pictures are on the video as well :lol: Now you get to see why I say he is so mellow. He's flared once after I stuck him beside Ghengis for 5 minutes. Just once. A meeble little flare. o.o maybe he's a lover not a fighter :lol:

·
Registered
366 Posts
he's a cutie! How long have you had him? He's a lucky little guy, he's probably very happy with u.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too long actually!! I got him on the 16th. He wouldn't flare, wasn't moving much. And I got him home...

And he doesn't flare, doesn't move much. :lol: Guess he is just mellow. I fed him (he finally ate tofay) and he took it SO nicely compared to the jumping snapping biting version of all my other bettas x.x

·
Registered
366 Posts
well my Violet was my social butterfly the day I brought her home. Baltar on the other hand hid out for days. I even fed him in the back of the tank cuz he wouldn't go anywhere near the divider. It took him over a week to flare at Violet who was swimming back and forth constantly flaring at him... Let me know in a week or so if he's still mellow yellow... Which of course is possible!

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
i dunno... i think Ichi would win "mellowest betta" awards. in the months i've had him(i got him days after the Tsunami hit Japan last year), he's flared ONCE. i've tried EVERYTHING. putting another male's tank against his, putting a female's tank against his, mirrors, pens... nothing. finally, i had him, and heavy cupped for water changes, and stuck their cups together, and MEGAFLARE. then... nothing. :B tried it again. nothing.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Wow he is mellow and I absolutely loved your video with all of your rescues in it!

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: thanks blueridge!! LOL Luimeril. Sounds like my Dally. He sat ext to Shadow. staring at him. Shadow was freaking out and putting on a show. And Dally? naaah. :lol: however Dally also prefers his stupid bowl x.x
Bellasmomma in the store, shipping day he was still mellow xD there were a bunch of mean reds, inquisitive cellophones, and flaring blues, and amongst them him and the other whitish betta were just chilling :lol: I will give him a week and see how mellow he is. Usually when I have a betta in a large tank, they love exploring. he takes his sweet time exploring :lol: then just sits there. staring at me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts