Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear it's a ton better then BBS and all I've been feeding my fry are BBS. I was wondering if yo could put in some sort of soggy pellet like hikari massivore, which is extremely nutritional, for the Microworms to eat? And if anybody is willing, could you mail me in a ziplock bag in an envelope a bit of your microworm culture? I'll send you an appropriate amount of money back!:-D

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
My microworms are slow to reproduce this time of year. When it gets warmer, I might have some for you. Sorry...

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
All food types have its plus and minuses. A variety would be better than only 1 type - preferably a combination of wormy food and non worm food.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wow that's on the other side of the state.
Was going to say.
If u live close by I'll can get u a starter

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
U live on prime breeding ground.
Warm year round.
Just get them of ab
Or a local breeder.
Theyre very cheap.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Other culture that will help
Daphnia
Grindal worm
Plus u have a none stop supply of mosquito larvae

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Microworms have no nutritional value. I prefer BBS.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
BBS has never caused an issue with SBD in my experience. Many others have noticed it as well. It could be because I keep my tanks at a higher temperature and therefore the metabolism of the fry speeds up.

I used microworms for the first two weeks of a spawn last year and I ended up with missing ventrals. With BBS I rarely get deformities.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
This going to be a end less battle.
To see which one work better.
Many swear by bbs n other with Microworm
So my Asian brother try what work best for u.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
BBS has never been proven to cause SBD. Microworms have been linked to ventral issues. Don't get me wrong they're good in their own way (quick easy meal/snack for the fry) but you must clean the tank bottom REALLY well or there is a chance of missing ventrals.

We agree to disagree :)

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Using microworms increases the possibility because they spend more time at the bottom where bacteria grows. Using them is a risk for that. As far as growth they keep fry alive but no more.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Over feeding is cause by the holder not the culture
Fry do grow will with them.
Faster then bbs on the first week and 1/2
Then Microworm will get useless around the three week
Growth rate will slow down

1 - 20 of 35 Posts