Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that she isn't really the best, rarest betta but to me she means the world to me <3. She is my only pet and I adopted her from Petco! It made me kind of sad because the females were put either really low or really high on the shelves so that the males were in better view and would be adopted more. I don't want this to turn into a rant so I present you *drum-roll* Midnight! This is her right after I adopted her (I put a paper towel behind her so that she could be seen better).

I hope it worked

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :D

Is it weird that a fish has helped me put more than a human could? I was going through a hard time and now I'm just focused on helping Midnight be as healthy/happy as possible xD

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
There's a quote somewhere like "the best way to help yourself is through helping others" I'm sure she's grateful to have you

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
That isn't strange at all. A pet gives you something to focus on, and someone else's happiness to worry about. Makes it easier to concentrate on something wonderful instead of the bad things going on...

It was the same for me. Mr. Kitty - the fish that saved summer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

I put a piece of yellow felt behind her so that she is more visible! Also, sorry for the blurry pic, she's gotten so much more active since I've moved her to her new home! She just won't sit still :p

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: I taught her to jump for her food (I made sure she cant jump out of the tank) and to follow my finger. Next I have to teach her to stay still while I take pictures

ps i made my post fab

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay I haven't posted for a while (totally didn't forget about this post or anything... heh) but I have some new pictures!

Middy is very sassy and will not sit still for the camera ever, so it's hard to get a good picture of her. Since I got her, her whole body has turned black and there's a contrast with her blue/purple fins.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, I'm going to move this into the journals section because this seems like a journal now Cx

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
At my petco they have females and babies on separate shelves from the males, but all in the same general area.. but most people don't look at them.. I do, and feel bad as I see the same ones there every time (I should be glad they aren't dead from poor water quality yet.. but sad no one is giving them a home).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.