Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got the Mini Bow 2.5 for my Betta. I'm getting a thermometer and heater later today so I don't know the exact temperature of the water, but by the end of the day it feels ridiculously hot, and it cools down way too much when it's not on (hence the heater I'm getting). Does anyone else have this tank and has anyone experienced issues with it overheating the tank? Is there a way to fix this without getting a new bulb?
I would just turn off the light, but I have live plants so it's kind of necessary.
Thanks for any help!

·
Reference Team
706 Posts
I have one I used to use. The heater only seemed to kick on at night as I assume the light heated the water during the day. However even with the light on and in a warm spot in my house it didn't ever go over 80f. Just keep an eye on it once you get the thermometer in there. And even with plants cutting down your light time can be ok. Just depends on how long you're already leaving the light on.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
191 Posts
I noticed the same thing. I switched the bulb that came with it to a florescent bulb. It didn't get the water quite as hot or raise the temp as fast. It's important that the heater you get is adjustable and maintains a steady temperature. I used a 25 watt Hydor Theo. Even with that and the cooler bulb, I still saw the temp rise after a day with the lights on. I kept an eye on it and dialed it back a little on hot days, even though I don't think it would get hot enough to harm my fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts