Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

For just a few days I've noticed my bettas fins have torn (he's about 6 months). I have a Fluval Spec III (2.6 gal) and he generally had been resting against the filter intake (but this was ongoing for months with no visible damage - my water speed was too high which I have since taken measures to fix)

I've quarantined him in a smaller tank (.5 gal), and am treating him with a pinch of aquarium salt and daily 50% water changes. I don't see spots, rust, or anything else of that nature and hes swimming and eating fine. Any additional feedback would be appreciated, as this is my first betta.

Tearing:

Thank you for your time!

699 Posts
It sounds like you're doing the right thing with the AQ salt and water changes. But I don't know much about this stuff...maybe someone with more experience can help. By the way...your fish is drop-dead gorgeous. I love him. He looks like the poor little guy I took home a few weeks ago that died after 4 days of not eating. :( Anyway, he's really pretty.

·
Super Moderator
22,965 Posts
I'd leave him in his regular tank and keep the water warm and clean. Warm being around 80. He may be biting. No one has ever figured out a reason they do that and sometimes they just stop and never do it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts