Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have two cories and one betta. Recently I upgraded them from a 5 to a 10 gallon tank and between taking them from the 5 gallon to putting them in the 10 gallon, I had to leave them in a Kritter Keeper. After putting my fish into my new tank, I noticed while feeding them that the lens that covers the fish's eye was missing from Ninja's left eye.

My betta seems to pick on him a lot and I'm not sure if he was the one who did it, or if he hurt himself on one of my decorations and i just hadn't noticed. Sami leaves my albino cory alone but for some reason bullies the emerald. Any advice on what I should do? I feel bad for the little guy but I don't wanna separate the two corries, and they all 3 need a heater.

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Hi, sorry you haven't had a reply up until now...
Is the tank in your avatar where you are keeping the cories?
If possible, I would look into redoing the tank, taking the gravel out and changing to sand, checking to make sure the decor is not sharp... I would look into adding more silk plants (or real if you wish) and taking out the larger resin decorations.. Try making "shaded" areas where they can hide out of view, and try making a floating shelter for the betta.

Your two cories are not members of the same species, the emerald is a completely different genus than the albino. In all honesty I think your tank is too small to support either of these species... but you should definitely consider getting at least another emerald and albino cory at minimum... A larger group can spread aggressions as well, and may make the betta less likely to pick on them..

As for the eye, the fish can live just fine without it, it is quite possible that the fish did get it picked off...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts