Do you like moss balls?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a moss ball today (feb 9) at petsmart. while I was browsing the forum I decided to take pictures of my moss ball and edit them! I'll show the original picture and the edited. feel free to post your moss ball picture editings here, too. (that is, if you have any... :oops:)

Original:

Edited!

·
Registered
91 Posts
what do mossballs do???? . i wana know becuase the store was selling them , they look cool

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do mossballs do???? . i wana know becuase the store was selling them , they look cool
they can clean the tank (slightly) and help with algae (I think it helps with algae only a bit...?) but you have to squeeze out the bad water and roll it onto a different side and re-roll it once in a while. they're REALLY easy to take care of! :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
i might wana get one , can bettas have them i nthere tanks?? i may have to do some reserch XD <3

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have one in my 5g. it's the pic you saw. i also have a mystery snail in there that my betta, Rose, loves to nudge around!

Rose: *nudge, push*

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
No, while it is a live plant (algae to be exact) it does use ammonia in the water and some of the other baddies. HOWEVER, one moss ball WILL NOT mean you do less water changes. ONE ball will never use the amount of ammonia 10 fish in a 5 gallon produces. For most tanks receiving the proper amount of water changes, a moss ball is just another decoration and should never be considered an alternative to filtering and water changes.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, while it is a live plant (algae to be exact) it does use ammonia in the water and some of the other baddies. HOWEVER, one moss ball WILL NOT mean you do less water changes. ONE ball will never use the amount of ammonia 10 fish in a 5 gallon produces. For most tanks receiving the proper amount of water changes, a moss ball is just another decoration and should never be considered an alternative to filtering and water changes.
I know, I do water changes normally and I'm going to euthanize my other fish (besides my bettas) soon with clove oil when i get some cause i dont have big enough bags

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
this is awesome! :) keep the comments and pics going!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts