Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'll be moving about an hour north and want to take Franky with me. It'll be pretty cold (moving in November probably), but if I can get a cooler big enough to hold his 2.5 gallon tank and heater, and pack it in blankets and foam, then I think he'll be fine. I'd have the heat on in the car too, of course.

How would I pack everything else? He has an in-tank foam filter. Is 2.5 gallons too big? Would it jostle him too much when the water sloshed around? I've also read that putting them in bags is okay as long as the ride isn't too long, but how would I heat that?

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
an hour isn't actually that long of a drive.

Do not keep him in the tank, that will stress him out. Get a small box insulated with foam or cooler. Then either put your betta in the cup he came in or double bag him (put him in one bag, let air in and tie it and put that bag into a second back upside down). Then put the cup/bag into the box/cooler and put blankets or bubble wrap around the cup/bag to hold it in place. Then put the lid on the cooler or close the box. Then put the box on the floor of the car and make sure whoever is driving to drive very carefully.

As for your filter and tank, empty the tank except for a small amount of water at the bottom. Then make sure that the filter and filter media is submerged in the water so that the bacteria doesn't die.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts