Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm moving out of my parent's house tomorrow, and now that he's no longer ill, Sodapop is coming with me. Could someone please go over this list with me, and check I'm doing everything right? I'm hoping to preserve the tank's cycle.

The trip will be approx. 90 minutes to 2 hours.

Sodapop himself is in a 2L (1/2 gallon) plastic lunch container. I've filled it halfway with water, so he has a little more than a litre to swim in, and a little less than a litre of air. If I put the lid on the container, he'll have plenty of air for the time he's there, correct?

I am planning to wrap the container in a dark towel and put it on the passenger seat for the drive. There's also a thermometer in the container, so I can keep an eye on that and adjust the aircon accordingly.

I took out his heater/hide/plants, and just stuck them in a dry plastic container.

I removed his gravel and put it in a container of tank water, along with the filter media and sponge baffle, in the hopes of preserving the cycle. (I had to dry the tank, as the only way to fit it along with my other stuff is to put it on it's side.)

How does all this sound, and what's the best way to set his tank back up without stressing him too much?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.