Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm moving three hours away with two bettas in tow. i was wondering if it would be alright for me to move them in separate thermoses. i was thinking one like the campbell soup thermos(below)?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sholud work fine. Some years back breeders were shipping angel wigglers that way.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
My concern would be that you have used them for food and washed them out with soap? Are they new thermoses (Sp?)
Otherwise I agree with Tolak.....can't get more protected than that!

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
You can also just put them in their cups and make sure the heat is on in your car. A 3 hour drive isn't that long, they will be fine.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Agreed, anything that fits in your cars cup holder, then blast the heat on the,

·
Registered
951 Posts
As Terri stated, make sure there's no soap residue. Make sure there's no soup residue either, though if I were a betta I probably wouldn't mind a little soup for the trip. 3 hours really isn't that long of a time, I often have fish bagged for 3 hours before they leave the house.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Haha, soup residue? First thing that popped into my mind was essence of clam chowder.

But yeah - I would think as long as they were clean they would be fine. Are items like these something you could pick up new at the dollar store or the like? Otherwise, travel coffee\tea mugs? They're insulated some, and they should be available for new, for cheap.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
You can even use styrofoam soda cups. Most convenience stores or gas stations will just give you a couple free empty cups if you buy something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts