Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so I'm going home for a couple weeks this Thanksgiving. I'm gonna have to bring my beta with me since I have no one to take care of him while I'm gone. I was wondering what was the safest and best way to do this.
He lives in a small 1/2 gallon bowl and I have an 11 hour drive
I still have the cup he came in from petco if that's helpful
Thank you

·
Registered
169 Posts
Try to fast him for a day before you go. This will lower his stress a little. Be sure to keep your betta in at least one gallon of water. A 1/2 gallon bowl is a little to small for a full grown betta.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When i moved i put my betta in a 1g circular bowl thing i found at petco, put him in a small cardboard box with a bunch of Styrofoam peanuts to make sure he wouldnt fly around and set him in between my feet for the drive, kept the box dark, hoping it wouldn't stress him out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try to fast him for a day before you go. This will lower his stress a little. Be sure to keep your betta in at least one gallon of water. A 1/2 gallon bowl is a little to small for a full grown betta.
Thanks for the advice.
Believe me once I get enough money I'm gonna go for 2 and 1/2 gallon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i moved i put my betta in a 1g circular bowl thing i found at petco, put him in a small cardboard box with a bunch of Styrofoam peanuts to make sure he wouldnt fly around and set him in between my feet for the drive, kept the box dark, hoping it wouldn't stress him out.
Thank you! I was planning to do something like this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No problem haha, wish you good luck! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts