Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello there and welcome to my Journals. I am start from a fresh tank and i figured why not make one of these? IM sure it will help someone else out as well and also help me keep tabs on what i need to do every week. So lets start!

6:48pm Eastern Time
12/13/2012

This is Biggles first day inside his new tank! I have a spree with him today because i have a idea for what i wanna do for a tank and this is going to be the start of it. The idea i have is a buddha like shrine for the tank with a betta swimming around. So, what i did was i did just get a Fluval Chi 5 gal tank and it seems to be the first start to his project! I know it will be long before i can get it done because adding one or two plants per week is going to take some time.

So, after getting the two plants i got and the rocks and tank set up. I added 2 ghost shrimp for the allergy and plant waste and my beta from his old tank ( which im giving to my GF so she can start ) into the new one! So far i made sure the temps where around the same temp by a IR based thermostat and once it was around 3 to 4 degress range i change him into it. Right away he seems to be ok and he is swiming around just fine! He seems to take a liking to the back of the top filer unit as he sits there. More then likly there is not current for him to fight and he can float there. Now i have to go and redo my heater since the suction cups seem to have come undone. Below are some pictures!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey there,

Your new tank looks great! and your betta looks like he likes it too!:)
Thanks! Im not done with the tank. Im far from it! Its going to take a couple of months to make the way i want it, since i am posting mid as well add another entry for Mr Biggles,

9:43pm eastern Time
12/13/2012

Its been a few hours since he has been inside his new home. The ghost shrimp seem to be just fine. After watching Mr biggles chase them for a minute he left them alone. I did try to feed him today but he didn't eat. I no longer see the food pellet(s) anymore so im going to guess he ate them. Tomorrow ill post a small video of me feeding him and showing the tanks beauty.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got a new camera and some more updates!!!

My snail seems to be happy! He also seems to always look at me... makes me wonder what he thinks about..

I have some small growth on my Crypts! Its nice to see it!

Now my betta is just chilling as i was taking pictures!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.