Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so all my tanks are planted and i use blk petco sand and i read some place that it is recommended to have mts when using sand to turn it and prevent build up of toxins? Is this true and how likley is toxin build up ?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
If you didnt get all the air out before than anaerobic bacteria is going to come. MTS only bury themselves like an inch down (i have heard) so they do help but arent a necessity. They also breed insanely.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, i know i did a pretty good job of that but realistically we live on a planet with an oxygen based atmosphere so one would think that you nwver really get it all. Anyway they are cheap enough mabe ill grab a few for each and then in aonth or two ill round up some assassins. Thank for the info!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I love MTS have them in all my tanks (also have pond and ramshorn snails). I don't mind that they breed as my husband has dwarf puffers which will eat any snail (though his 2 seem lazy about ripping the trap door off adult mts but they munch on babies fine).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.