Betta Fish Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here You go. Not very best pics I'm afraid and don't show all the fish but you can see how much they very in size. The two big ones I'm holding are the biggest of them all. Because of my health issues I could not take care of the as best that I should although I'm doing my very best =)
We need a picture update :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Here You go. Not very best pics I'm afraid and don't show all the fish but you can see how much they very in size. The two big ones I'm holding are the biggest of them all. Because of my health issues I could not take care of the as best that I should although I'm doing my very best =)

omg they are sooo tiny and cute!!! i want to take a photo like that when mine grow up!! Keep us updated! :grin2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Fry are growing steadily, smaller ones are starting to catch up to the big ones. They are now 5months old and are about half of size of what they should be by now.
I thought I did it all right. Daily water changes, a lot of good quality food, live frozen and dry and I still managed to mess it up somehow.
I know its said people usually mess up their first spawn but I was kind of hoping I will be doing a second one by now =)

One of my biggest fry changed colour recently. At first I thought it was sick or something when it started loosing all of its blue colour. Now its just reddish and weird looking.
I have a few blue fish but almost all of them have iridescent body, be is pearly ping or bluish tones, they all sparkle like mad!
I even have a couple of yellow body blue white fined fish, one is most likely a male, did not expect that.

They are all so beautiful, it's a shame they are so small. Makes me reconsider giving it another try.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fry are growing steadily, smaller ones are starting to catch up to the big ones. They are now 5months old and are about half of size of what they should be by now.
I thought I did it all right. Daily water changes, a lot of good quality food, live frozen and dry and I still managed to mess it up somehow.
I know its said people usually mess up their first spawn but I was kind of hoping I will be doing a second one by now =)

One of my biggest fry changed colour recently. At first I thought it was sick or something when it started loosing all of its blue colour. Now its just reddish and weird looking.
I have a few blue fish but almost all of them have iridescent body, be is pearly ping or bluish tones, they all sparkle like mad!
I even have a couple of yellow body blue white fined fish, one is most likely a male, did not expect that.

They are all so beautiful, it's a shame they are so small. Makes me reconsider giving it another try.

Thanks for the update! I'm very about how big your fry are and how old they are right now. I feel like im having a similar problem its been 1 month and they're only about .25 inch. I feel like I might have stressed them out a little bit, or i'm not feeding enough, but I did look up one of Joep Van Esch's spawn log, he did have small fry like mine at 1 month.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Made this video of my fish. It is a really bad video (no light and through plastic) but you can see male flaring at female in the first half, second half is just him building the nest.
I made this video just to show the ones who are curious what the males form is like. Unfortunately you wont be able to see just how vibrant his colours are.

Beautiful colors!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.