Betta Fish Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

Registered
No problem. You know I want what is best for you and the little ones. I don't want to push anything on you and I don't want it to seem that way. when your ready I will give you or any other member here all the help they want and need. I've got the time and some good contacts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks O.D. you are not pushing at all! I just want to make a good impression with adequate photos and these guys are taking their sweet time growing out! 馃槪

No problem. You know I want what is best for you and the little ones. I don't want to push anything on you and I don't want it to seem that way. when your ready I will give you or any other member here all the help they want and need. I've got the time and some good contacts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #64
5--11-19: SPAWN LOG #13
I moved the gang into their 20 gal. Long home and they seem to be adjusting well. They're still tiny but I ended up using a fine shrimp net and that worked pretty well.These little guys have been through a lot and still thriving. Just warms my heart. 馃挏
Vid below of them eating BBS. No music this time just the annoying buzzing of the filter...lol

Ok now here is a vid while they are eating.... Not stuffed like pigs yet.

https://youtu.be/eW57e0W_KZ4

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #66 (Edited)
5-16-19: SPAWN LOG #14
Masitos are doing well. I moved about 25-30 of the largest fry into their own tank so I can power feed them and change water easier.
* O.D. Yours will most likely come from this group 馃榿. (Pics below)
There isn't a huge size difference but you can tell a slight difference. The rest of them will grow out in the 20 gal. Until jarring.
It's interesting how different the body and tail shape is from my last Koi HMPKs even at this young tender age. 馃槀

Hmmm im having trouble uploading pics tonight. 馃槥
Let me know if you can't open them.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #72
It's 6:15am here in Pasadena, California.
It's also a little chilly today since poured rain so needed to turn on the heat for the gang. Koi Bettas are jarred and not heated. But Mustard fry are all in heated tanks so they are always nice and toasty at 82.5掳F

Registered
A little chilly in Pasadena? What do you call chilly. The hi here today will only get to 56. and that's by noon. It has been raining here for the past 10 days off and on. Right before the weather set in we had some days that reached into the high 70's That was a real treat. But soon settled down to normal temp. for the north west of Pa. Oh and it could have been worse I saw yesterday the southern Sierra's in Cali. they were expecting feet of snow. ( In May???) Wow.

I'm still trying to come up with a name for one of Mas's sons. I'm also waiting to see these little guys get big.

Ben is excited too. He got a new filter and all was fine until I trimmed the jungle. The current got a little stronger, but he is having a ball riding it from one end of the tank to the other. He also has learned to be a little faster in attacking his food. Now he has to wait a couple of turns around the tank so he can finish it all. I dearly love the way he adapts to some things and not others.

Registered
Discussion Starter #74
Haha 馃槀 I know, I know.... We Californians complain about cold weather when the rest of the country gets "really" cold!
It was low 50s this morning so a little cold for Bettas in jars with no heater.
That is too funny about Ben...he's surfing the current and becoming an adept hunter! LOL 馃槀

A little chilly in Pasadena? What do you call chilly. The hi here today will only get to 56. and that's by noon. It has been raining here for the past 10 days off and on. Right before the weather set in we had some days that reached into the high 70's That was a real treat. But soon settled down to normal temp. for the north west of Pa. Oh and it could have been worse I saw yesterday the southern Sierra's in Cali. they were expecting feet of snow. ( In May???) Wow.

I'm still trying to come up with a name for one of Mas's sons. I'm also waiting to see these little guys get big.

Ben is excited too. He got a new filter and all was fine until I trimmed the jungle. The current got a little stronger, but he is having a ball riding it from one end of the tank to the other. He also has learned to be a little faster in attacking his food. Now he has to wait a couple of turns around the tank so he can finish it all. I dearly love the way he adapts to some things and not others.

Registered
Its been a bit chilly here in Utah as well, we've got a week of rain forecasted and its supposed to stay around 50 degrees for the high. Sad day! We were doing so good with the upper 70s! haha. At least no more snow yet haha

Registered
Discussion Starter #76
馃槀 Glad to hear no snow 馃槉 But after the rains is a different story...no? 馃槪

Its been a bit chilly here in Utah as well, we've got a week of rain forecasted and its supposed to stay around 50 degrees for the high. Sad day! We were doing so good with the upper 70s! haha. At least no more snow yet haha

Registered
He really is quite the performer. He slides across the front and flairs as he goes by. He also turns his head to see if I'm watching. He's becoming quite the clown.

Oh and he no longer has any snails in the tank. I pulled 7 dead ones out of the tank this morning. I noticed they had not move in a few days so I knew they were dead. Just don't know why. All the parameters are spot on. But since I changed the filter There was no more Algae. So I think they might have starved. (That I'm not happy about).

Registered
Discussion Starter #78
Haha funny about Ben do entertaining, sorry about the snails. I had to move the Assassin and Gold Mystery snails from the fry tanks to Derp's tank with gravel to camoflauge the major poopage. I feed Derp live Blood worms and Black worms but throw in some frozen Spirulina fed brine shrimp, Daphina, dry flakes, Repashy and lettuce for the snails once in a while. I was also concerned because there is zero algae in that tank. 馃槣

He really is quite the performer. He slides across the front and flairs as he goes by. He also turns his head to see if I'm watching. He's becoming quite the clown.

Oh and he no longer has any snails in the tank. I pulled 7 dead ones out of the tank this morning. I noticed they had not move in a few days so I knew they were dead. Just don't know why. All the parameters are spot on. But since I changed the filter There was no more Algae. So I think they might have starved. (That I'm not happy about).

Registered
Discussion Starter #79
Wanted to add a couple pics. Especially Derp photo-bombing the snail pic! 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Haha funny about Ben do entertaining, sorry about the snails. I had to move the Assassin and Gold Mystery snails from the fry tanks to Derp's tank with gravel to camoflauge the major poopage. I feed Derp live Blood worms and Black worms but throw in some frozen Spirulina fed brine shrimp, Daphina, dry flakes, Repashy and lettuce for the snails once in a while. I was also concerned because there is zero algae in that tank. 馃槣

Attachments

Registered
I like the new avatar. It's a good look. What made you change it? The other one made my wife jealous. LOL, But anything makes her jealous. Derp and his photo bomb. It reminds me of the way Ben would treat his snails.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts