Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stu is my gorgeous little Betta boy, who I got from City Farmers (Australian Store) only three days ago! I did some intense research when I bought him and found out that the lady who sold him to me was very wrong in saying that a Betta can live in a tiny cup. Sigh, so my new little boy is currently residing in a bowl ): But, I am planning on getting a 2 Gallon tank in the next week or two, so hopefully he will be much happier then! For now, here are some pics. :)

apologies if the pictures don't work, im not entirley sure how to upload on here....

and, could anyone please give me a rough age estimate? The lady at City Farmers told me he was about 9 months.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Magnum. Yeah, the pictures didn't work. When posting pictures there's a button that is "Insert Picture". You have to upload them to a hosting site, like photobucket.com and then use the web URL.

Hope that helps. Can't wait to see your fish!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I can't see the pics ether. He sounds gorgeous though!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
You can also upload them here. Go to User Cp at the top of the page, then down to Pictures and Albums (or Albums and Pictures, it's something like that) ^.^

·
Registered
150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, good to see another Aussie on here. Good luck with your fish, ask around if you need any help and your betta will be a lucky fish.

On a side note, did you purchase a heater for your little betta? I know my LFS don't label bettas as a tropical fish. But depending on which part of Australia you live in, you'll most probably need one.

Moving your betta to a 2gallon would also be safer as heating a small tank could be hard.

·
Registered
380 Posts

There. =3

______

He's gorgeous. I am starting to absolutely adore CTs.
I love veiltails, but CTs are slowly working there way into my heart as a favorite.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you SamJustice!

@ Edifiler, no I do not have a heater as of yet, but a trip to the aquarium store this afternoon should hopefully clear that up :) For now though, I am using a heating lamp thing I have and directing it over his tank :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you! Anyone know what age he may be?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts