Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I lost my last boy Moonstone and I wanted to wait until my 5 gallon was fully cycled. My sweet, well-meaning, fiance got me a new fish before the tank was ready and I couldn't say no. :oops: But, with my API water testing kit I am monitoring the water and doing changes. I have Nitrites and I am eagerly waiting for the Nitrates to come up now.

Anyway...

I just want to share the best pictures I have been able to get of my new boy, Comet.

I think this is the very best picture, taken on his second day with me.

He has a big flaring beard!

He has some shiny blue tips on his fins too.

And here is a shot of his tank. The water is actually a light tea color, from the Indian Almond Leaves I got off ebay. As you can see, I needed to clean the algae before taking pics. LOL

------------

So, what do you think of him? I know he isn't as great as some of the really fancy aquabid Betta boys. But, I do like him!

Is he a Cambodian? And is he also the butterfly pattern? (With the blue on his tail I mean.) I know it's not the 'ideal' butterfly pattern, but I think he has it. Correct?

No matter, even if he is 'just' a multicolor I love him! <3

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
He's pretty! He looks like a Cambodian, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
am not sure the exact name but i mean the blue rays or just rays on the caudal fin, example:

on her tail (caudal) fin you see rays, blue rays that's what i mean. i still do not know the proper name of it yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts