Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my best friend. She's building a DIY cave for her new betta and called to ask me what I thought about her idea.

She's building a tripod "tunnely thingy" and asked would lacing a mini moss ball with a piece of fishing line then hanging it from the top of the cave like a cat toy work with a betta.

She is either insane or genius. What do you think?

·
Registered
257 Posts
She would have to extra careful of what she built it out of to make sure it is safe for him, and the only thing that warriors me about the fishing line is that he may not see it and get cut or caught of in and hurt himself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She did another cave before. Aquarium silicone and polished non treated stones. those little ones you can use as aquarium substrate or in vase's. It came out pretty awesome looking. I wonder if like black thread or a something else would be better. Hmmmm... All I can see in my head is a betta fighting with a little moss ball. lol. Ok well im gonna send her back to the drawing board. maybe we can figure something betta safe.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am not sure if he would play with a Moss ball or not but whatever she does just make sure it is something the fish can't get caught up in and or tear a fin on by accident. Good luck though

·
Registered
162 Posts
What about light for the moss ball? I know they don't require intense light, but a cave sounds like NO light (?).....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking you were putting it in the tank but rather hanging from the top, but in a cave it wouldn't get enough light. Good point oxoye. I think the most ball may just have to stay on top of something. Maybe on top of the cave if it is flat enough.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think that the fish string would cause the most trouble. it is DESIGNED NOT TO BE SEEN by fish

·
Registered
257 Posts
Exactly, that was my first concern was that the fish would get caught up on torn on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts